'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Friday, September 17, 2010

'Westerlies at Sunset'

This painting is an expansion of a piece I painted a
month ago. The larger format gave me a sense of
freedom with my brush and so I went with it.
The 'westerlies' referred to here is that wind that happens
commonly in our area from afternoon to evening when the
heat in the interior of the province rises and creates a
sort of vacuum drawing in the air from the coast,
usually in westerly winds.
Oil on canvas 30 x 40.
Your thoughts and comments are always valued.
Jeffrey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to draw your attention to an artist
that I recently added to my artist link list.
A painter and writer from Ontario and master
of painting en plein air...

11 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi again Jeffrey!....Twice in the same day no less!

I love your "Westerlies"... for so many reasons.

"You" and "I" share many things in the making of our individual art! Our common love and respect for the Natural (Canadian) World we are blessed to live and work in being the biggest one. There are many parallels in our journey!

Thank "You" for the gracious "nod" on today's posting! Much appreciated... especially because it comes from a kindred spirit... whose work and ethic I dely admire!!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Hey thanks Bruce!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Prabha...as you know from following my work I'm always interested in aspects of weather in my painting...

Jeffrey

Lisa Riehl said...

Gorgeous painting - beautiful colours! I am so drawn to all the warm tones, and I love the sky. And the water has such great movement in it. Nice!

Tim Goss said...

Jeffrey:

This is a dazzling painting. I am drawn to the near water and the splashing droplets in delicate white as well as the beautiful sky.

Tim

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Lisa...I love to paint water!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks for that Tim I appreciate it!

Jeffrey

LindaHunt said...

I am new to your blog and find your work very rewarding. The brushwork and color are wonderful.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks for the comment & visit Linda!!

Jeffrey

Rebecca S. said...

You do make that water move! And I love the top painting of a September afternoon. It glows.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Rebecca...great to hear your thoughts.

Jeffrey