'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ah Salal

Here in my area we are at the end of the Salal berry
season. One of my cherished summer rituals is gorging
on salal berries in late summer.
Salal berries were an important food resource for
the first peoples of the west coast of North America.
As well, the leaves of the salal shrub contain
many medicinal properties.
Oil on board 6 x 6.
Comments always appreciated.
Jeffrey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This painting is available for $100 CDN,
plus the cost of shipping.
Please email me to purchase with PayPal.

2 comments:

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Hi Jeffrey, I received a nice compliment from you on my site back in June. I treasure it because I really like your work but it makes me miss Vancouver Island. Love the subjects and the colors of your paintings. Hope to maybe meet you someday.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks for your comment Paula, hope you drop by again.

Jeffrey