'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Gillingham Islands-Saxe Point

 
The Gillingham Islands are
 a small group of rock islets
that lie off the southeast side of 
Saxe Point and
are a main feature in the views from this
park in lovely Esquimalt.
They are a popular diving and
 fishing location here,
and by the amount of interest 
shown to them by our group of outsiders 
Friday morning they are very popular
among plein air painters as well.
Another attempt for me to try and capture 
the subtle light and colour
 present on a cloudy morning
on the shore of Juan de Fuca Strait.
Oil on wood panel 
9 x 12.
Comments welcomed and encouraged!
Jeffrey


8 comments:

Sara Winters said...

Beautiful as always! I think you nailed the subtle color variations in the sky. Love it!

Ron Wilson said...

I like the colour you found in your Saxe Point sky, Jeffrey.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Sara...appreciate your comment!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Ron...I'm starting to approach these types a little differently than in the past and I have been using a different colour ground!

Jeffrey

Karen said...

I love the subtlety in this one. It immediately caught my eye as it so wonderfully captures a particular light quality.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Karen...I appreciate more and more the challenge of grey day work!

Jeffrey

Tatiana said...

i like the pattern here...very lovely.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Tatina...appreciate it!

Jeffrey