'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Saturday, May 24, 2008

High Oaks Hay Field


Painted at wonderful location yesterday, High Oaks Stables.
The hay field in this painting is almost ready for mowing.
It is a fantastic feeling to sit on the edge of a
field like this. The swooping swallows and bird song,
mingling with the sounds of horses grazing nearby all make
for a wonderful contemplative mood.
I spent countless hours in similar situations during
my youth and the memories flooded in.
I struggled a bit with the amazing assortment of
green shades in this scene, so it was worked on
a bit when I got it back to the studio.
I intended to do some larger pieces using this piece
and some of the photos I took while there yesterday.
Oil on canvas 8 x 10.
Comments are always welcomed.
Jeffrey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Lord, keep my memory green."
(Charles Dickens)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to bring your attention to a new entry
on my link list. Clive Powsey an amazing watercolour
painter from Vancouver Islands Comox Valley.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This painting is available for $250 CDN
plus shipping and handling.
Email me for more details



No comments: