'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Thursday, March 11, 2010

'Harlequin'

 
Harlequin ducks are strictly sea ducks found inland only
during nesting season where they can be seen in close
proximity to fast moving turbulent mountain streams here
on the west coast. Both coasts of North America have
populations and are usually sited close to rocky shorelines.
They seem total at home in very rough water and go about
their business with breaking surf going right over them
as they dive for food among the rocks and kelp beds.
The drakes are one of North Americas
most strikingly coloured sea birds.
~~~~~~
Oil on canvas
6 x 8
~~~
Your thoughts and comments are always welcomed!
Jeffrey

4 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

I think I'd like to have him as my rubber duckie! I like the representation of the sea and the bits of the same blue in the rocks.

Kim Rempel said...

Hi Jeffrey - I'm relatively new to your blog and have been meaning to comment for a while. I really enjoy your work. You have a beautiful, confident rhythm in your brush strokes - nice movement in your pieces... Lovely to look at!

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Deborah...the blue on the rocks is my attempt at making them wet...

Jeffrey

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks so much Kim and welcome!!

Jeffrey