'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

'October Sky-Highrock' #32

I painted this one late afternoon several weeks ago.
Artist Linny D. Vine and I were hoping to get
some early evening sky drama to paint as a new
front approached. While it didn't develop as I
had hoped it did provide some interesting
patterns and light. We needed to paint
fairly quickly due to the failing light.
Oil on wood panel 6 x 8.
Thoughts & comments always welcomed!
Jeffrey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please email me for purchasing information.

5 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi again Jeffrey!... I love both of these plein air pieces for entirely different reasons!

Without succumbing to my usual excessive "wordiness"...in a nut shell each depicts the two... and very different sides of autumn... one the glorious colour... the other the beautifully quiet gloom and austere face! Both gems!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Melinda said...

You really know how to capture the sky and its gentle storm energy. And, the colors are nuanced with a peace in the midst feeling.

Beautiful work.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Bruce..as I have mentioned before I tend to struggle with cloudy day scenes but I liked the light in the sky with this one. As an artist friend of mine often says "no sun no fun".. =:-/

Jeffrey

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Prabha...there is certainly drama in the skies as a front approaches!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks so much Melinda!

Jeffrey