'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Monday, October 5, 2009

'September Glow',

(Arbutus, Vancouver Island, Thetis Lake)

More of that lovely September light with this piece.
Some of our native Arbutus trees back lit with
warm afternoon sun. The Arbutus is another of
our trees that is found only in very few places
in the world. A broadleaved evergreen, they take on
very unusual growth patterns of twisting trunks,
not unlike Garry oaks in that. The smooth trunks
shed their bark in curling flakes yearly, turning
from a russet red-orange to a creamy yellow-green.
Sometime in August if you happen to be near
one on a real hot day you can hear the bark crackle
as it splits and peels away from the main trunk.
They produce lovely panicles of creamy white
flowers in late spring, so profusely at times
that the glossy dark green leaves are almost
hidden. They will be followed later
by clusters of red berries.
Oil on canvas 9 x 12.
Your thoughts and comments always appreciated.
Jeffrey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This painting is available for $450 with free shipping
anywhere in North America.
Please email me to arrange your purchase.

5 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

From your description, I'd love to see (and hear) these trees in the flesh! Your painting captures the light coming through the leaves beautifully, something that's sometimes hard to translate from vision to canvas.

PS: I never got your address for sending the cards from my recent giveaway - please send me an email - links are on my blog.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Deborah...they are a magical tree like no other!

Jeffrey

Nicki said...

Hi Jeffrey,

You are a master of backlighting. This is absolutely breathtaking and that cool calm water in the background looks so inviting. I love the paintings you have done where you are looking through the trees to what is behind... it reminds me of some of my favorite Tom Thomson paintings. Well done,

Nicki

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Nicki... I really enjoyed
painting those two!!

Jeffrey

Anonymous said...

Its my elementary all together to post on this forum,well-founded wannat recompense for some friends here.if its not allowed to post on this board,please erase this thread.Nice to fit you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]