'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Makin' Hay *SOLD*

I painted this one from a photo I took on a plein air
excursion one evening in June just as haying was getting
under way here on Southern Vancouver Island.
It was a magical evening that I hope to do more
paintings of. There is something about the smell of
fresh cut hay that can put me in a memory time machine
geared to the past, rushing by images in my mind
that I identify with that wonderful unmistakable scent.
It never fails to fill me with a sense of warmth and nostalgia.
Not sure if its possible to capture any of
that in a painting...but I'm hoping.
Oil on canvas 11 x 14.
Your comments are always appreciated.
Jeffrey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If the air is jam-full of sounds which we tune in with,
why should it not also be full of feels and smells and things
seen through the spirit, drawing particles from us to them
and them to us, like magnets."
(Emily Carr)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to draw your attention to a new addition on
my Artists Link List...ALVIN RICHARD...an
amazing photorealist painter from
Moncton, New Brunswick.
Check out his wonderful work using the link
to the right!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This painting has been SOLD to
a collector in Victoria, BC.

2 comments:

Ron Morrison said...

I live in hay country and get hay fever so haying doesn't elicit the same memories for me, however your painting is a beaut. The patterns and light are terrific!

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

duovdThanks so much Ron. I spent many of my youthful summers haying on my Grandfathers farm and spent time in alpha country. I guess it got stuck in one of those gears...!

Jeffrey