'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Friday, August 22, 2008

Cattle Point - Oak Bay

Hello everyone,
I have been a bit out of touch lately, (fishin' not wishin')!
This piece was painted this morning on the beach at
Cattle Point, a wonderful small park here in Victoria on the
shore of Oak Bay. It was a grand morning for
painting, clear and calm. The clouds where from my memory
of the ones that came through yesterday.
Oil on canvas 11 x 14.
Comments are always appreciated.
Jeffrey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This painting is available for purchase, please email me
for information on aquiring this piece.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At long last I must mention that I was honoured with the
"ARTE y PICO AWARD"
The award was given to me by a wonderful artist,
Elizabeth Floyd
Her work regularly provides much inspiration to
the "daily painters community"as whole and me personally.
Having my work recognizied by other artists is an
incredible honour and I want to express my
thanks to Liz!!!
Now, there are of course some rules that go along with this award;
FYI...The Origin of The Arte y Pico Award and Rules if you choose to accept.
You might be interested in the origin of the "Arte y Pico Award"
The designer of the award puts it like this..."The Arte y Pico Award has arisen from
the daily visits that I make to many blogs which nourish and enrich me with creativity.
In them, I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship,
but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers
that entertain and enrich me day to day.
Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few."
The Rules:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity,
design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community,
no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person
who gave them the award.
4. Show these rules and the paragraph (above) explaining the awards origination
And so, though those that I pick here will in no way
come close to representing all of the numerous blogs and websites
that I follow and visit as regularly as I can, and which
inspire me as an artist and art blogger, I will
try to pick five... and ask for understanding from those who
may feel that I should have picked them...yikes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vicki Shuck
Ron Wilson
Mary Sheehan Winn
Chris Greco
Candy Barr

4 comments:

Ron Wilson said...

At once interpretive and creative like few other paintings of the scene that I've seen Jeffrey! Thanks too for mentioning my work for that award.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks for your comment Ron. You are deserving of the award.

Jeffrey

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Jeffrey, thank you so much.
I think you deserve an Art y Pico for your dedication and wonderful work. I give it back to you!
BTW, I had to repost this due to a spelling error that I couldn't live with ;)

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Mary!

Jeffrey