'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Esquimalt Harbour

 
Not far from my studio this scene is 
one that I have been
wanting to paint for sometime now.
Finally everything came together today
 (including a lovely cloud display) and this
plein air effort is the result. It was a
lovely afternoon and as I painted 
this piece I wondered what it must have 
been like when for the first time large wooden
sailing ships entered this natural harbour 
and those souls aboard took it all in.
There will be a larger painting 
of this in the
very near future.
~~~~~
Oil on canvas
 6 x 8.
 ~~~~~~
Comments are always welcomed and appreciated.
Jeffrey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Every day I discover more and more beautiful things.
Its enough to drive one mad.
I have such a desire to do everything,
my head is bursting with it."
(Claude Monet)




No comments: