'Water Lover' oil on canvas 24 x 30

Friday, March 21, 2008

Summer in High Country


Even on a small canvas mountains are
a powerful subject. Their majesty draws you
in and your imagination starts to wander.
However I do wonder if we can ever do them justice
in our painting of them.
This was painted from a photo a couple of evenings ago.
Overall I was pleased with it but...
I don't usually paint after dark as I seem to have
trouble with my old eyes without at least some
natural light. Have to keep fiddling with the lights
and see if I can do more painting after supper.
Oil on canvas 6 x 8.
Comments always appreciated.
Jeffrey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I have memories of the clearest crystal
mountain days imaginable when we fortunates
in the heights seemed to be sky
people living in light alone."
(J E H MacDonald)

2 comments:

Ron Morrison said...

Blog looks good, fun to see the island painters. I linked you up.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Thanks Ron and right back at ya. I'll put up a link to your blog today.

Jeffrey